Together we grow #4
Time & Location
About the Event
January 24th 2021 - 12pm EST // 18.00 CET
3 hours on Zoom
(partly//full scholarships available by request)
Sacred Pause: Coming home to your Earth Body
~ take refuge through heart-centered mindfulness practice.
In this workshop we will nurture our connection with Mother Earth. We breathe together with the living world.
We find comfort in grounding and allowing Earth to embrace us in Her care.
We are inseparable from Mother Earth’s body who embraces us with Her tender force of gravity.
Our beating hearts fed by Her with each breath.
It is time to come Home! Home to yourself.
Let's connect consciously to Mother Earth and nurture our sacred relations.
Join us in a timeless experience of becoming Earth Body!
Through this retreats' deep meditation guidance we intend to be fully present with our own precious bodies on Earth
and release old attachments to the experience of ‘being in a body’.
Instead of expectations and projections, we turn towards experiencing what it feels like to be in a body.
We will be guided to stay with the sensations that arise and feel emotion as energy in the body.
Instead of thinking about feelings, we feel emotions directly as energies and allow for natural release of whatever emerges.
In this way we will feel safe to feel our way to heal.
Experience, Allow and Release (EAR) = Listen with your heart.
This first month of 2021, our special guest; Hildur Palsdottir will guide us through grounding practices using tools of Tibetan Buddhism. We will relax our thoughts into the body with gentle and kind practices. We will turn inwards to listen and allow the physical, mental and spiritual aspects of ourselves to lovingly join in moment to moment heart-centered awareness.
The words in listen can be rearranged to silent. We must commit to silence to hear what we need to hear,
to feel what we need to feel, to heal.
Sacred pauses allow us to listen.
On the journey of awakening we meet many obstacles! Each of those “barricades” invite us to question everything, to be curious and to release false beliefs as we get closer and closer to our authentic self, that just wants to breathe and be kind.
We learn to be unafraid of being in our bodies, breathing bodies. We allow breath to be our gentle, trustworthy guide that walks us home to compassionate presence and direct awareness of each moment. Our Earth Bodies relax into the meditative seat, with a sense of being held and the experience of being cared for by Earth Mother.
Each breath gives freely to the heart that breathes. Natural abundance is available in each breath; all we have to do is pause - sacred pause - and in a long, slow exhale connect with our beating heart as we breathe.
Come and shelter in place with your spiritual practice as your refuge. In this intentional space infused with sacred pauses, we will explore our inner sanctuary and realize resources we didn’t know we had.
We will strengthen our supporting roots and grow branches of wisdom and compassion.
Learn to let the body breathe with the living world. Allow for a sense of belonging to life. Grounded and relaxed in our physical seat, we allow the mind to release its concepts into luminous spaciousness where any sense of stuckness or fixed ideas dissolve into the real Ground of Being; emptiness infused with love and kindness (termed shunyata).
Please join Dr.Hildur Pálsdóttir and Jósa Goodlife, both native to Iceland, for our 4th edition of “Together we grow”
- Global Sisters in Empowerment, ReTreat series.
During these three hours online, we will gather our sister spirits and create time to ground in our bodies and minds as the shelter we need. We will take refuge in our spiritual practice, regenerate, and heal our experiences in fellowship (sangha).
- The schedule of the day starts with Jósa Goodlife opening up with a movement ritual // dance and a short guided meditation.
- Hildur will lead a 60-90 min “Grounding Earth Body, Relax Sky Mind” workshop. Rooted in Tibetan Buddhist practice, Hildur will guide the creation of your personal Refuge Tree.
- We will access the inner sanctuary that has the resources you need.
- You will leave this workshop with heart-opening tools and methods to connect with your innermost self that is pure kindness, generosity, and loving towards all beings.
- We will discuss and experience our resistance or ease with inhabiting the body. We will discuss our ability or difficulties with being present. We will especially discuss our willingness to accept our experiences as the spiritual path. We will clarify our intentions with spiritual practice.
- After that, we will open up the rooms for questions and group sharing from wherever you are in the world.
- To close the circle, Jósa will open up the Akashic Records for our group and channel messages and guidance, according to your questions and wishes for the collective - So feel free to bring any questions you like!
We will make sure to take time in between sessions for bathroom//water breaks.
All sessions will be recorded and sent out in the following days, so you can re-listen or watch and participate when it suits you.
Dr. Hildur Palsdottir is the co-founder of Sol Center http://www.sol.center. She is a master of Reiki Healing and a Meditation Teacher at Sol Center, Port Washington and The Mindful Connection of Long Island; www.themindfulconnectionli.com.
Hildur is equally interested in inner and outer work in our world. She is a community organizer and founder of a movement that is now a legal non-profit called: ReWild, Long Island. Rewild Long Island restores wildlife habitats by returning native plants to private and public land, http://www.rewildlongisland.org. Hildur is also a proud supporter of TreeSisters: Women Seeding Change and mindful reforestation of the tropical rainforest http://www.treesisters.org/
Come and join us for our 4th month of this monthly Sisterhood retreat series.
Bring your sisters!
sign up for two or more TOGETHER and get 15% off your total ticket price when you buy 2 or more tickets at once!
“ Many people think that the point of life is to solve their problems and be happy. But happiness is usually a fleeting sensation, and you never get rid of problems. Your purpose in life may be to become more who you are and more engaged with the people and the life around you, to really live your life. That may sound obvious, yet many people spend their time avoiding life. They are afraid to let it flow through them, and so their vitality gets channeled into ambitions, addictions, and preoccupations that don't give them anything worth having. A dark night may appear, paradoxically, as a way to return to living. It pares life down to its essentials and helps you get a new start.”
~The Dark Nights of the Soul by Thomas Moore.
- Ticket$50+$1.25 Service fee$50+$1.25 Service fee0$0
- Sisterhood Ticket (2 Sisters)$85+$2.13 Service fee$85+$2.13 Service fee0$0
- Sisterhood ticket (3 Sisters)$128+$3.20 Service fee$128+$3.20 Service fee0$0
- VIP GOLD 444 package$444$4440$0